- Chateau’s Parent Club Page
- Parent Institute Monthly Newsletters
- NAESP Article– The Rewards of Reading
- PARCC Parent Resources – http://www.louisianabelieves.com/resources/family-support-toolbox
- Louisiana Promise-The Louisiana Parent Information and Resource Center www.lpirc.org
NCLB Parental Involvement Non-Regulatory Guidance
- You can also subscribe to the Jefferson Parish Public School System eNewsletter, which is updated monthly.
- Crimestoppers Safe Schools Hotline Youth Program – The Safe School Hotline’s main goal is to solve and prevent serious crimes by empowering students with a safe process to report information anonymously. To learn more about Crimestoppers’ Safe School Hotline go to http://www.crimestoppersgno.org/safe-schools-hotline#sthash.ZC6lwYx1.dpuf
Common Core, Educational, and Homework Resources
- The Homework Louisiana Program is offering a free online after-school tutoring program along with a comprehensive Skills center Resource Library in partnership with Louisiana public libraries across the state regardless of your child’s grade level. Students connect to a professional tutor in an online environment for one-to-one help. Please visit www.homeworkLA.org for more information. The site is open from Sunday through Thursday from 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Students can access the program from home or from the public library if the Internet is not available at home. Tutoring in Spanish is available, as well. Other educational offerings on line are the following: Access to online test preparation, career interests, self assessments, sample tests, computer applications tutorials through Learning Express.Access to reliable and credible online health information is available through Teen Health and Wellness at http://lalibcon.state.lib.la.us
- Great bedtime books – https://www.tuck.com/best-bedtime-stories/
Health and Wellness Resources
- Build Healthy Kids is a great ten-step program to teach children how to make nutritional choices without the fuss!
- Support for Students & Families Voluntary Student Accident Insurance Plan
This a voluntary student accident insurance plan for students who participate in extracurricular activities.
Interested parents can enroll online at http://www.k12specialmarkets.com.
If you have any questions, contact Veronica Dunn at (727) 576-6080.
- Children’s Comprehensive Health Guide – https://www.drugwatch.com/health/children/
- Child Safety – https://www.safehome.org/resources/child-safety/
Special Needs Resources
- Low Vision Internet Gateway – http://www.lowvision.org/introduction_to_the_low_vision_g.htm
- Managing Sensory Processing Issues At Home – http://www.airfiltersdelivered.com/sensory-processing-disorder
- Cleaner Indoor Air & Chemical Sensitivities – https://www.cleanerindoorair.org/
- Disabled Home Modification Checklists and Funding – http://www.eldercare.gov/Public/Resources/Factsheets/Home_Modifications.aspx
- Renters’ Rights for People with Disabilities – http://civilrights.findlaw.com/discrimination/rental-housing-rights-for-disabled-tenants.html
- Moving for Seniors and People with Disabilities – https://www.sparefoot.com/self-storage/blog/19898-moving-advice-for-seniors-and-people-with-disabilities/
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities— a website to help you detect signs for if your child has a disability and where to get help